Saturday, July 7, 2012

This Is What You Get

If you break your ribs, it hurts to breathe.  I can't sleep worth a damn without medication.  The dreams...they don't help.  Without the medication, the memories of the city, being pulled through it...I wake up in a cold sweat.  The medication doesn't stop the dreams, though.  It just stops me from waking up easily.  Blurred images of campus, of Operator symbols.  Like my brain is mocking me for not being able to keep an eye on the Roommate.
Meanwhile, I've been spending time going between bed and the couch.  Ribs are slowly getting better.  Totally new weird things going on.  It scared the hell out of me at first...some of my stuff is being moved.  It's not the way I remember it, and I thought for a second I'd wandered through the wrong Door.  Nope.  Apparently I have little housecleaning goblins.
Because housecleaning goblins are a better thought than the Nightlanders.  They're associated with the City, so it's not a surprise if they finally found me.  I haven't seen any, though.  The electrical system in the apartment isn't great, so the lights have been flickering a bit all year.
Unless they're why the lights have been flickering all year.  Have I managed to completely miss a Nightlander infestation in my own apartment?  I'm completely unqualified for this shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment